We're Hiring a Junior Designer!
Is this the role for you? Take a look and find out.
DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY:
Are you a Product Designer with SolidWorks experience? Are you looking for a unique, fast-paced design position where each product you work on is different?
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a busy and dynamic team, where projects are varied, offering different design challenges on each project. You’ll be working on bespoke contract lighting designs, working with Interior Designers on hospitality projects and supporting the sales teams: initially with technical support and then with further training, pricing and estimating projects.
This is not a role where you will be working on one product for an extended period, with rounds of design development. Most of your projects and designs will typically run eight weeks from enquiry to delivery! If you are excited about British manufacturing and seeing your designs come to life – fast-tracking weeks and months of R&D and prototyping - then this is the role for you.
Northern Lights Ltd, established in 1987, design and manufacture decorative contract lighting products for the hospitality sector. You’ll be based at our office in Chesterfield, Derbyshire, where we have a large factory to produce your designs: all components are predominantly manufactured in house, working with skilled artisans in metal fabrication.
The right applicant for the Junior Designer will have:
• A Degree in Product Design or similar;
• Strong 3D CAD skills – (Solidworks);
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, working on more than one project at once;
• Excellent memory and organization skills;
• Good understanding of scale, proportion and design process principles;
• Good exposure and understanding of design for manufacture principles;
• Good exposure and understanding of Fabrications: Sheet metal, soldering and welding, laser cutting, routing;
• Strong communication skills and confident personality to be customer-facing;
• 2+ years of industry experience.
If you feel that you’re the right person for this role, please email your application and CV to:
Applications will close on: 4/6/21